As a vegetarian, I am always struggling to get enough protein in my diet. Sweet potatoes are a regular go to for me as well as peanut and almond butter. This provides the best of both worlds!
Sweet Potato Protein Pancakes
A high protein, lower-carb breakfast option!
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup oats
• 1/2 cup cottage cheese
• 1/2 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 tsp sugar or other sweetener (optional)
• cinnamon, to taste
• peanut butter, for drizzling (optional)
- In a high-powered blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a greased pan or griddle over medium heat.
- Let sit for 3-4 minutes before flipping.
- Flip carefully and let cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Flip again and let cook for 2 more minutes.
Patience is the key when cooking these. Pour in the batter, let them sit for 4-5 minutes, flip them and let them sit for a few minutes and then flip them again and let them cook a little more. You can’t have your heat too high otherwise they will burn…but the longer cooking time helps them solidify a bit more in the middle. I’m not really sure if you need the baking soda in this recipe. I accidentally put it in instead of baking powder. When I realized, I just added the baking powder as well and it worked just fine.
Drizzle with almond or peanut butter or your favorite topping! Helps if you throw peanut butter in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds to soften for easier pouring.
Thank you to hwww.theleangreenbean.com for the delicious recipe!!!!